Thursday, May 18, 2006

Episode V: The Dragon Strikes Back!

This is supposed to be a blog about how technology manages to plot against me at every turn. But today, I struck back against my electronic oppressors. I was doing my laundry (I can imagine you already have some idea where this is heading) and as I was removing my clothes from the dryer, I was greeted by a sight more soul-freezing than an orgy of banshees.

My 1.0GB Cruzer mini flash drive.

Horrified, I reached into the dryer and retrieved my flash drive. It went through a 33 minute washer cycle followed by 45 minutes in a dryer at temperatures that I don't even want to think about. Surely, thought I, this flash drive is figuratively, if not literally, toast.

So imagine my surprise when I plugged it back into my laptop, as you can see in the picture below (well, you could see better if the room was darker, but trust me here,) it worked. Not only does it still work, but all the data is still intact. I have sent my flash drive to the depths of hell and back, and it fears me such that it still functions! I am master over the flash drive!


Now if only everything else I own would be this kind to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home